Schroeders

Schroeders

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More birthdays and a Wingnuts game


Papa Ed and Gm Pam came one weekend in May and gave Lyla and Blake their birthday presents.  The kids love hitting the ball off the tee, and of course the water guns were a big hit, especially when everyone got to shoot Matt!  


Watching the Wingnuts baseball game with Gm Brenda.  My mom kept pointing their mascot out  to her which is a squirrel.  I don't think she liked it because at one point she called it "a mean bear."  
  
The kids watched for about 30 minutes, and then they wanted to go to the playground where there was lots of unsupervised kids.  There is a bleacher section right next to the playground where parents can sit and watch the game and their kids, but it was pretty obvious what they were watching more!








I know, he is getting so old!  I tried to help him cross the monkey bars since he fell flat on his bottom when he did it.  However, he had observed the older kids cross flawlessly and wanted to do it by himself!   And no, he never did it by himself, and also never let me help.  It seems too soon for him to be embarrassed of me, but I am pretty sure that's what was happening!  Mom is only going to get less and less cool from here on out...


Happy Birthday Grandpa Doug!

No comments: