Schroeders

Schroeders

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A not so merry Christmas




We opened up presents Monday night before we left for NE on Tuesday. The kids had fun opening their presents, but I think they liked the popcorn and hot chocolate we had even more!
Now your probably wondering about the title...I am actually typing this post while we are at Matt's parents in NE. Last night while driving up here Lincoln threw up in the car THREE TIMES! I don't think I have ever been so grossed out before! (Let's just say the second time we left his shirt in the ditch somewhere between Salina and York). Like Matt says, now we can really say we are parents, because we haven't dealt with this yet since neither of the kids have had the stomach flu before! (I realize I have been very lucky with this, just sad to see it end.:) Anyway, now we all have it together and I am praying we don't spread it around to everyone else here! We were up most the night with the kids, and I forget how hard it is to take care of them when I am sick too! Thank you Pam for helping us out today so we could catch up on some sleep.

2 comments:

btofteland said...

Oh no! I sure hope it's the 24 bug! So you're all sick? I remember you said Penners were all sick last week.Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that...trust you're starting to feel better. Guess it's good you're not celebrating until SUnday. But wasn't there something scheduled for today? Thought Matt told Dad that there was a celebration scheduled for today.
Love the blog...cute! The kids are a scream, aren't they!
Enjoyed your Christmas letter, too...
Mom

Tanya said...

Yes, it was either the 24 hour flu or food poisoning from Wendys.:( No one has got sick yet. Luckily we werent really around anyone elses but Pam and Ed until today. Lincoln was better this morning, and Lyla seems finally back to herself tonight. Tomorow is Christmas at Ed's mom and dad's so we didn't have to miss anything.