Schroeders

Schroeders

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"Licks"

Matt and I were downstairs when we heard Lyla cry out in her usual way that meant Lincoln had been pestering her. I yelled, "Lincoln, what is wrong with Lyla?!" With a half eaten sucker in his hand, he calmly explained, "well...Lyla wanted a lick of my sucker, so I gave her one. Now she is done with licks." (Meaning, she wanted more and he was done sharing!) I just get a kick out of the way he explains things sometimes!
This reminds me of a couple of weeks ago when Lincoln was sitting at the kitchen table eating a candy cane. When Matt and I walked in, we saw Lyla standing tiptoed on the floor right by Lincoln's chair, looking up at him. She had her back to us, but when we looked closer, we saw she was straining her neck with her tounge out as far as she could to try and get a lick of the bottom of his candy cane! I think she got several tastes in before he figured out what she was doing.!:)

No comments: