Schroeders

Schroeders

Monday, July 22, 2013

Summer Y classes

Here I go again being late on my posts.  Sigh.  Ah well.  Summer has been a whirlwind of fun and I can't believe school is going to be starting in another couple weeks! I signed the kids up for way to many activities at the Y this month.  I think I was trying to cram in stuff before school starts.  I have to say, I am tired of running them around, but at least they seem to be having alot of fun doing everything.


Lincoln took a rockclimbing class this month once a week.  It ended up being a real pain because there were so many kids in the class he ended up only getting one turn.  Hauling 3 kids to a 45 min. class for a 4 min. climb.  Annoying.  He does seem to enjoy watching the other kids climb, but I don't think we'll be doing this again in the summer at least. I know, he is wearing sandals. whoops.  I didn't notice until he got there!  He still made it up to the top this time, although he tells me that was the easy one.   The 2nd class he tried the "2nd easiest" and made it, but this last time he tried the "3rd easiest" and got stuck.  I think he wants to try that one again tomorrow.


Tap/ballet class.

They switch shoes halfway through. All the girls have cute little bags with their shoes.  It's pretty cute.
Gymnastics.  Seemed to like this more then dance.

Swimming Lessons. Lincoln can swim for longer periods now, and Lyla can swim now. Hurray!  She didn't even seem close to me prior to lessons so that was a nice surprise.  They had a really great teacher this year.
  

Doing karate two times a week this month.  I am kind of surprised he likes it.  I guess I thought he might be intimidated but he gets right in there.  He can count in Japanese to 5 now.  When I was asking him to do it for me, Lyla piped up and said "I know one"... and then said the word for 5.   Kids are sponges!

No comments: