Schroeders

Schroeders

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Lincoln took two weeks of swimming lessons at the Y.  He had a really great teacher and did alot better then I expected.  His biggest accomplishment was learning to tolerate going underwater.  He had never gone under before, not even close.  I mean I had to work really hard to convince him to even put his face or head in the water a tiny bit, and he used to SCREAM when we would wash his hair in the bathtub.  Ok, anyway... much to my surprise, he went down to get a swim ring when the teacher asked him to, and he now goes under without much hesitation.. I can even get him to try to swim to me if I stand a little ways away from the wall and he pushes off.  He doesn't stay up but he is trying!
Big improvement from crying in the tub because he got water on his back.  Yes, that really did happen at one point. Are you starting to get a picture of how fun bath time used to be?
.
Lincoln is the one in the back.  They were supposed to use their arms and race to the teacher from the side of the pool. I was glad he didn't notice he was the last one every day!

No comments: