Schroeders

Schroeders

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Lyla Dancing at Preschool

I went to Lyla's preschool class with her for Parent's Day.  It was neat to see what the kids did and observe Lyla in various situations.  One thing I observed was pretty funny, but what she said afterward about it was even funnier!  She was doing some version of break dancing or something, and they had to freeze when the music stopped. At the end of the day we played a game called "Bananas." The kids drew cards out of a can and if they drew a letter name they had to say the letter name, and if they drew a banana they got to do whatever they wanted, go crazy, be silly!
When we got in the car to go home she said, "I didn't want to draw the bananas."  I asked why, and said she didn't seem to mind dancing crazy in front of everyone during the song.  She looks at me with a most sincere and straight face and says, "but that wasn't dancing silly."
I had to FIGHT to keep my face in check because I was really laughing on the inside!

No comments: