Schroeders

Schroeders

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Where do you live? and "I like Lincoln soooo much!"

The kids were playing store in our living room. Lincoln/cashier, Lyla/customer.

Lincoln::  Where do  you live?

Lyla:: huh??? I live at my house. (duh tone)

Lincoln: Yea but...where’s the way?

Lyla: It’s that way. (pointing in a random direction)

Lincoln: OK. (enough explanation for him!)



2) My kids seems to be getting along really well these days. I try not to take it for granted because I know it won't always be this easy! It has almost been bad for me though, because I sort of feel not needed around the house anymore. Like it's too easy or something! I know, this sounds annoying...not complaining anymore!:-)
So the story is... Lyla was upset because Lincoln could not go to the mother daughter banquet at my mom's church with her and I.   She kept telling me, “But I want Lincoln to come, I like Lincoln sooo much!”  She cried when we dropped him off with Grandpa Doug, saying, “I’m just sad.”
I finally had to start asking her about what kind of dessert she thought we would have at the banquet to get her mind off her sorrows.:)

No comments: