Schroeders

Schroeders

Monday, March 5, 2012

"I am glad I am a Kid" and Skiing

Lincoln:  "I am glad I am a kid so I can watch shows in the car. No, I wish I was an adult, then I could do whatever I want.  No, I am glad I'm a kid.  I am glad I am your son mommy."
Then Lyla said, "I am glad I am your son too mommy."  To which I tried to explain she is not called a son but a daughter.  She did NOT like this; "but I want to be a son!!!"

Yes, the "I am glad I am your son mommy" just melted my heart.  He was being especially sweet today since Matt and I just got back from skiing in CO for a few days.  Thanks so much to Gm Pam, Gp Doug and Gm Brenda for keeping the kids!

Wasn't sure what to expect since I hadn't skiied in 16 YEARS and  Matt had only once about 10 years ago or so.    We ended up having a lot of fun!  It seems to be like riding a bike I think, not too hard to pick up again...  I do wish I could go more often so I could improve beyond the snow plow position,  but at least I kept myself from falling most the time! 

Bed and Breakfast where we stayed.
One of my favorite views
Another favorite.  Seeing the mountains made me realize how much I miss them.  When I lived in MT I didn't even appreciate this!

No comments: