Schroeders

Schroeders

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Clown NIght and Halloween

Clown Night at AWANA.  Lincoln has been going to AWANA at his friend Emily's church.  It has been good for motivating me to work on memorizing scripture with him.

Trick-or-Treat time!  Lincoln was a knight and Lyla was a princess.  Earlier in the week I had convinced her to be Elmo because Matt's mom had given us an Elmo costume and I didn't think anyone would wear it next year.  When she tried it on that night we found there was an eye that had broken off, so without knowing she was in the room, I said to Matt; "maybe she should just be a princess (that is what she wanted to be before I convinced her to be Elmo)... she looks kind of like a one-eyed monster."  She heard me say it and responded with a hurt sounding "no I don't!"  Of courses it wasn't long before she decided to be a princess again...way to go mom.   Good thing she really likes princesses and was not at all upset with the situation!

Brock, Blake, Brooklyn, and Bo.  We had alot of fun trick-or-treating with them, and all the kids got really good at asking for candy.  I think Bo and Lyla may have been the best at it!

No comments: